An estimate of about 6 million Americans are known to be suffering from fibromyalgia, and 90 percent of people suffering from fibromyalgia are said to be women. They have always been arguments why more women suffer from fibromyalgia than men. Certain healthcare professionals seem to have said that it’s due to the decrease of serotonin levels in the brains of women.
People who suffer from fibromyalgia are known to constantly struggle with pain, fatigue, depression and other common fibromyalgia symptoms prior to diagnosis. There are other chronic conditions, which include adrenal fatigue, chronic fatigue syndrome and several rheumatoid conditions; there is not an immediate cure to relieve the often debilitating symptoms.
When it comes down to the treating of fibromyalgia, you should know that they are natural treatments that can be of help to you. You should be aware of the symptoms of fibromyalgia so that you can start with applying some of the natural treatments.
SYMPTOMS OF FIBROMYALGIA
You should know the severity of the symptoms of fibromyalgia varies from person to person, and sometimes, symptoms might disappear and then return again. Fibromyalgia is known to be of long-term and widespread of pain in muscles and your body connective tissues, without any pinpointed cause.
Research has been able to show that fibromyalgia may actually amplify pain by affecting the way the brain processes pain signals. Some of the symptoms of fibromyalgia are:
- HEADACHES: 70 percent of People who suffer from fibromyalgia are known to experience recurrent migraine or tension type headaches.
- SLEEP DISORDERS: individuals that suffer from fibromyalgia don’t often get restorative sleep, and many others also suffer from insomnia, less deep sleep, restless leg syndrome and even sleep apnea.
- FATIGUE: Chronic fatigue has been known to be one of the most common symptoms of fibromyalgia and it can be very crippling and exhausting.
- MEMORY ISSUES: People who suffer from fibromyalgia usually experience short-term memory issues and an overall memory loss.
- DEPRESSION: One of the common symptoms of fibromyalgia is depression which is associated with constant fatigue and muscle weakness which often isolate an individual socially.
- FIBRO FOG: The dangerous combo of exhaustion, muscle fatigue and memory issue can make an individual suffering from fibromyalgia feel like he/she is walking around in a “fog” like environment.
- CRAMPING IN THE LOWER ABDOMEN: Patients of fibromyalgia may experience constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, gas and bloating, irritable bowel and nausea.
- ANXIETY: Persons that suffers from fibromyalgia often have to deal with chronic pain which creates a level of stress and makes every passing day more difficult to handle.
You should know that some patients might experience morning stiffness, numbness or tingling in the extremities, as well as a high sensitivity to loud noises, bright lights and temperature, that is why it is advised that when you start experiencing any of the symptoms you should head to a hospital for a proper checkup to know if you are dealing with fibromyalgia and how to go about treating it, but I will be bring before you some of the natural treatments for fibromyalgia, and also I will be sharing with you some of the possible causes of fibromyalgia.
POSSIBLE CAUSES OF FIBROMYALGIA
You should know that there is neither a definitive or singular cause for fibromyalgia, but they have been some possible causes that can be linked with fibromyalgia, and I don’t want to keep you guessing on what they could possibly be that’s why I will be sharing with you some of the causes that has been linked to fibromyalgia, which are:
- Allergies to chemicals
- Poor digestion
- Candida overgrowth
- Neurotransmitter deficiencies
The risk factors for fibromyalgia can either include genetics, an individual being female and rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. For some individuals, they might start experiencing symptoms that begins after a significant psychological stress event, infection, surgery or any other physical trauma. Certain persons may not even have any evidence of a triggering event, and the fibromyalgia might just have accumulated over time. It is important you take note of these possible causes of fibromyalgia and never hesitate to get in touch with a doctor when you start experiencing some of the symptoms of fibromyalgia always pay close attention to your health. You don’t have to get worried about curing fibromyalgia, you can be able to treat it step by step with some of the natural treatments for fibromyalgia that has been able to proven to be of help over time.
NATURAL TREATMENTS FOR FIBROMYALGIA
You should know that there is no magic pill that can cure fibromyalgia, but there are certain balance approaches you can begin to take which are very important. When it all falls down to the natural treatment for fibromyalgia you should be aiming at changing your diet, consuming more of supplements and you will be making some few lifestyle changes.
THE DIET FOR TREATING FIBROMYALGIA
Diet plays a big role to be able to treat fibromyalgia successfully, the aim is to consume foods that help to reduce inflammation and avoid any food cause inflammation. Let’s say you will need a radical change in diet. I’ll be going over some of the foods that can be able to help you out.
- CONSUME FOODS RICH IN MAGNESIUM: To be able to start consuming foods rich in magnesium start by including lots of green leafy vegetables, pumpkin seeds, yogurt or kefir, almonds, and avocados in your diet.
- FOOD RICH IN MELATONIN: You should consider adding foods that are amazingly rich in melatonin in your diet when you want to start treating fibromyalgia, you should consume more of bananas, walnuts, rice, ginger, tomatoes, mustard seed, and fresh mint.
- COCONUT OIL: Consider replacing all unhealthy fats with coconut oil, incorporate at about 3 to 4 tablespoons per day into your diet to help reduce joint pain, balance hormones, and improve your memory and overall brain function.
- TURMERIC: To help you in treating fibromyalgia add freshly grated to your favorite recipes
SUPPLEMENTS THAT HELP IN TREATING FIBROMYALGIA
That’s right you are seeing it correctly, supplements can also help you in treating fibromyalgia and I will be going over some of the supplements that has proven to be of help when it comes to the treatment for fibromyalgia.
- FISH OIL (1000 mg daily): The fish oil supplements helps to replace the omega-6 fatty acids in the brain with healthy omega-3s, fish oil is one of nature’s richest sources of omega-3 fatty acids which help in relieving of anxiety, depression and helps to boost your brain function, that is why it is advised you should always consume it on a daily basis.
- MAGNESIUM (500 mg daily): You should know that magnesium deficiency is often linked to fibromyalgia, increasing of magnesium can help in reducing of pain and tenderness. It will help you in increasing of energy and lead to the reduction of anxiety and depression.
- TURMERIC (1000 mg daily): There are many proven health benefits of turmeric which can help in relieving the symptoms of fibromyalgia that can either be pain, inflammation, gastrointestinal upset and depression. So to help you in treating of fibromyalgia you should consume more of turmeric per day.
- VITAMIN D3 (5000 IU daily): Individuals that experience chronic pain often have a deficiency in vitamin D, a constant supplementation of vitamin D can bring about a reduction in pain and which will help to boost your overall health. So when you want to treat fibromyalgia with supplements always endeavor you add vitamin D3 to your list of supplements.
LIFESTYLE CHANGES FOR TREATING FIBROMYALGIA
When it comes to the treating of fibromyalgia, the potential of lifestyle changes also play a major role in helping you treat fibromyalgia. I know you might be wondering how it is even possible, don’t worry about it because I will be sharing with you some of the lifestyle changes that have proven to be of help.
- REGULAR EXERCISE: for a lot of persons suffering from fibromyalgia, the last thing that sounds appealing is exercising, well that is very understandable considering the pain and exhaustion, but with regular exercises like walking, biking, swimming you will be able to help yourself by relieving stress and pain. It has been said that a higher physical fitness levels are consistently associated with less severe symptoms in women.
- ACUPUNCTURE: Over the years, acupuncture has always been used to relieve pain, help increase relaxation and much more. Acupuncture has been a proven, safe and effective treatment for the reduction of pain in individuals with fibromyalgia.
- MASSAGE: Massage usually help to reduce heart rate, helps to relieve your body of pain, improves range of motion, helps to reduce anxiety and depression, patients with fibromyalgia should go for a regular massage.
Your body is your number priority and you have to do what is necessary to keep your body healthy, so you should always aim at treating fibromyalgia when you see a symptom of it.